Layout tabs gone yet they are turned on in options?

My husband is having an issue where his layout tabs have disappeared yet he has them turned on in the Options menu. He has closed and opened his drawing, restarted his PC and still no tabs. They should be there yet they are not there. Any idea what a solution to this problem is? All of my searches have returned the standard answer of turning them on through the options menu but this is not fixing it. Only thing I can think of is to roll his PC back through a restore...

Thanks

go to options and select and check the box next to display layout and model tabs, its under display within the options dialog box, then right click on your layout tab and select display model tab under this pull down.

if the layout tab isnt showing up for him to click on in order to restore the model tab he may need to reinstyall as that doesnt seem normal too me, is there anything hter to right click on to get his pull down with all the tab controls? if not I'm not sure what to advise other than a reinstall.

Yeah, that is what I am thinking. It doesn't make sense to me. He had some kind of computer crash right before this happened so I'm not sure what that did. Do you think he should roll his PC back before trying a full reinstall?

hehe ok. I'll pass this along, thanks for your help =)

no problem, sorry i wasn't more help, someone smarter may come along with some ideas though :)

I had him try going through the CUI and it was set to "on" yet they are not displayed. His is running 2012. I'll have him look into repairing now.