Best PDF to DWG Converter

Bobzy20

Does anybody know of a good one? The one I'm using currently doesn't always convert every PDF file.

I don't mind if it's free or I have to pay for it.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jack_O'neill

• Bobzy20

• rkmcswain

• mdbdesign

Does anybody know of a good one? The one I'm using currently doesn't always convert every PDF file.

I don't mind if it's free or I have to pay for it.

I wonder if most failures aren't the result of poorly written PDF files....

We use the various programs from Dotsoft.

Here are some more you might want to look at if you have not already: http://cadpanacea.com/node/30

Best one I know of is me. I'll redraw them for a per page fee! I've never used a conversion program for pdf, tff or jpg files that didn't take more time to clean up and fix than redrawing the thing takes.

CAD-KAS PDF 2 DXF 2.0

From help file....

1.What the program does

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you get PDF files with CAD drawings inside? Now you can

extract these drawings and save it as DXF file and open it

in you CAD application.

PDF 2 DXF can open PDF files and save all vector objects

as DXF file. Version 2.0 can now also convert text objects!

The program can not save bitmap graphics

in a PDF file as DXF file.

Work great for me and only $49.

Work great for me and only $49.

Does your text show up as text or is it a bunch of lines and arcs? Are dimensions really dimensions, or again, lines, arcs, and fills? Same with leaders? Is a line a continuous line, or a bunch of segments strung together? This is the problem I have with these things you see. And especially with angled or curved elements, it never quite does it right. Dimensioning converted drawings will bite you in the backside if you're not very very careful. You might not get the endpoint you think!

What can I said, just try it. Demo won't convert text, beside all lines are lines, dimension - don't expect miracle..., perfect scale..., small, very fast.

I try many of it but this one is IMHO the best.

Thanks for all the replies.

I think the program called 'Any PDF to DWG Converter' seems to be a good option as you get 30 free conversions before you have to pay.

Although $180 for a single user license is very expensive really for such a small program.

Thanks for all the replies.

I think the program called 'Any PDF to DWG Converter' seems to be a good option as you get 30 free conversions before you have to pay.

Although $180 for a single user license is very expensive really for such a small program.

Let us know how it works, will ya? Someday, someone will figure out how to write a conversion program that really works. Maybe this one is it.

What if you charge out at $5 per hour!

At that rate it takes 8 hours instead of one! :)

We do three kinds of jobs here...good, quick, cheap. You can have any two of the three. A good cheap job won't be quick. A quick cheap job won't be good. A good quick job won't be cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Best that I have used is PDFFLY, its not perfect nothing can be, but its pretty good.

I wrote a quick review of it elsewhere, but it was December 2009 so things may have moved on

http://www.autocadeverything.com/help/showthread.php/5277-.PDF-to-.DXF-conversion?-

There is a trial version so that you can have a go before you buy.

http://www.pdf-fly.com/

As soon as it saves you 2 billable hours, it's paid for itself though.

You civil guys know how to charge! 2.5 billable hrs plus tax here in NZ. Anything cheaper that a days billable would be an instant purchase. Great Return on Investment.

Hi, I have converted a PDF to DWG and the scale is out, what's the best way to scale it back to its original size?

Scale by Reference? This only seems to scale the item you're using to scale correctly and other measurements seem to be off.

I used the program 'Any PDF to DWG Converter' and the drawing scale in the title block is 1:50

Any ideas?

I have always maintained that I hate these conversion programs. I just changed my mind. I love them. I just charged a client 5 hours for cleaning up one of these drawings that I could have redrawn from scratch in 2 to 3 hours. Yes I told him that, but he said his boss insisted on having this one cleaned up. This is a gold mine!!

It was a D size floor plan of a school. The drawing was 43mb and had 125,000 drawing objects in it. No readable text, as it was converted from a scanned paper drawing. Fortunately he sent me the pdf as well, so I could put the necessary text and dims back in.

I love these programs!

• 4 months later...

I use Adobe Illustrator to export PDF to DWG. If the file originally was created by autocad related program it saves all the layers and text and lines in PDF. If Pdf is not saved as a vector file, but raster image, its would not save lines and text.

• 5 months later...