mouse problem

bighorn

The scroll button on my mouse wheel will not scroll in AutoCad, it acts only as a zoom. This was not always the case, it just happened out of the blue and I cannot determine how to correct it. The mouse wheel acts as a scroll on every other program I have, it will only zoom in AutoCad. It is a Logitech LS5 mouse. I tried repairing AutoCad, that didn't work, I tried reloading AutoCad that didn't work, I changed the mouse, that didn't work, I tried changing mouse settings, that didn't work, I tried setting MBUTTONPAN to zero or off and that didn't work, I contacted Logitech - they claim it is an AutoCad problem not a mouse problem. Can anyone help me?

MBUTTONPAN system variable will affect only the action of pressing the middle button/wheel.

But, are you aware that can get the same effect (scroll) by pressing the wheel and panning the mouse in the desired direction? For sure is strange to have a different behavior of mouse scroll in AutoCAD than in other applications, but be sure that will got used with that.

Regards,

Mircea

Thank you for the help, yes I am aware of that however that function does not work either, if I press on hold the scroll wheel, nothing happens, if I click on the scroll wheel I get a 4 directional icon that will allow me to pan around the screen, however it is very jerky, not user friendly and works in reverse. I'm just at a loss as to why it has worked fine for years then all of a sudden for no reason it changes.

I really appreciate the help - any other ideas?

Using the wheel to ZOOM is what many want with AutoCAD. Try turning off the Logitech mouse software (I think it is called SetPoint or something like that), there-in lies the problem. Google X-Mouse Button Control download and set your mouse to suit in AutoCAD.

I'd go nuts (yes' date=' I know...it's a short trip) if my scroll wheel [b']didn't[/b] zoom!

Tell me about it, no body here but me has the wheel set to zoom, when I go to help some one I nearly lose it every time.

Thank you Super Moderator, that worked just fine. Your assistance is most appreciated.

No problem, I been there done that with Lenovo, Microsoft and Logitech mouseware and AutoCAD, found that program and haven't looked back.