Viewport scaling issues in Map 3D 2010

Fatty_Batter

I hope someone can help.

We have recently been upgraded to Autodesk Map 3D where I work which when we first got it was a big improvement from what we were running.

When I first started using the programme I found the lovely little box in the bottom right hand corner where you can change the view scale.

This allowed me, when in paper space, to double click in a viewport then click the drop down arrow next to the Viewscale box, select custom and then type in the scale I wanted (i.e. if 1:200 I typed 200 then hit ok).

However all of a sudden I am no longer able to do this. When I press ok, nothing changes. There are no error messages or any message. It appears to disregard the command. There is also a closed padlock next to this which when hovered over gives the discription "click to link/unlink AutoCAD Map 3D stylisation while zooming". I am unable to unlock this by clicking on it, the padlock seems protected almost so I am wondering if this is my problem?

I have looked through my setting and can find nothing obvious but wanted to ask if anyone else had come across this and if they know a solution.

Thank you.

Matt

Welcome to the forum!

Does this happen in all drawings, in one drawing, or only in certain viewports? Have you verified that the viewport is unlocked before you try to change the scale?

Hello,

Yes it is all drawings I open up now, and also all of the viewports. The viewport is definitly unlocked as I can still change the scale by using the old school way of typing zoom, then hit enter and then use the .....Xp function.

So its not as if I can't change the scale, its just there was this lovely easy method of doing it and all of a sudden its stopped working.

Cheers

Another way open up the viewports toolbar theres a box there that has the scale in it eg zoom e window a bit to get about right look box says 3.2567 I enter 4 this is 1:250 (metric) then pan and lock viewport.