mating a cylinder and a sphere?

skan

Hello

I'm learning Solidworks.

I have two extruded bodies, a cylinder and an sphere.

I'm trying to apply a mate in order to avoid that they could penetrate each other.

I've tried to get it by creating a limit distance mate between their surfaces but I'm not allowed to do that.

How can I do it?

I know I could try

move components->physical dynamics or collision detection, or even use a simulation, but I'd like to do it with standard mates.

thanks

How about Tangent?

Can you attach your assembly here?

Tangent fixes the the distance.

What I need is a limit mate (between two distances) but I've being said that they don't work with different curved surfaces.

Do you know if ProEngineer or Inventor support it?

Assem1.SLDASM

bola.SLDPRT

cilindro.SLDPRT

Edited by skan
links

Hello

I'm learning Solidworks.

I have two extruded bodies, a cylinder and an sphere.

I'm trying to apply a mate in order to avoid that they could penetrate each other.

I've tried to get it by creating a limit distance mate between their surfaces but I'm not allowed to do that.

How can I do it?

I know I could try

move components->physical dynamics or collision detection, or even use a simulation, but I'd like to do it with standard mates.

thanks

Anytime you do a simulation any of these mechanical mates are suppressed because they are just approximations of the motion. If you want to accurately describe the motion you need to create a motion study.

Tangent wont fix the distance. It depends on your selection process. I dont have the time right now but ill try to download your assembly later and give it a shot. What are you trying to restrict the motion to?