ACAD 2012, publish sheets only no model

cadman6735

in acad2008 when publishing I had the option to choose model space, paper space or both to populate the publish.

Has this option been eliminated?

I only want layout tabs to populate my publish.

Thanks

never mind I found it

it is now located under the dialog of when I select the drawings to populate my publish

I didnt' go far enough and missed it my first time thru

it does,it's just a bit hidden, when you select add files, there is a drop down that will allow you to select model tab, paperspace, or model and paper space. it's right above 'filename'

• 3 months later...

Installed 2012 today.

So, now you can't drag and drop drawings into publish window, 'cause you have no clue what will it be publishing and you need to go through multiple folders to find drawings you want to publish... Great!!!... :x

Drag and drop works fine here, can you give a better description of what is not working for you?

One note, in the area where the sheet names will show in Publish, right click and unselect Include Model Space....

Yes, drag and drop works, only you have no clue What is gonna be published unless you remember what you published last.

There is no more check box to PRE-select what to publish Model, Layout or both. In my case I work with Layouts publishing and Model, depending on what type of drawings I'm working with.

50595824.jpg

As I said, the selection for Model or Paper Space or both is a right click away.

Why are you not saving the drawing list so you don't have to recreate it again?

What do you mean by "right click away"?..

I know there is one when I hit Add Files (+) button, but I do not use that method at all as I publish drawings from a million of different locations and it doesn't make sense to navigate to each location when I have them all opened in multiple explorer folders. I just switch to the needed explorer folder, highlight the files/file, drag&drop them into Publish dialog box and hit Publish.

I need to be able to select what to publish before drag&drop. Navigating through Add Files button is not gonna cut it.

Saving drawings list doesn't make sense to us as we constantly add new files or publish stuff partially.

What do you mean by "right click away"?..

You want to pre-set whether to include or exclude Model and or Paper Space, right? Open publish, place the cursor in the blank area where the drawing names show or will show, right click, at the bottom of that list is Include Paper Space, and Include Model Space. Check them on or off depending on what you want.

I need to be able to select what to publish before drag&drop.

Drag and drop works just fine here. Are you saying it won't work on your 2012 setup?

Navigating through Add Files button is not gonna cut it.

Drag and drop works just fine here, are you sating it won't work on your 2012 setup?

Saving drawings list doesn't make sense to us as we constantly add new files or publish stuff partially.

OK, you made it sound like was something you needed when you posted earlier.

Yes, drag and drop works, only you have no clue What is gonna be published unless you remember what you published last

You wrote this in an earlier post, I can't tell what you are talking about. When you say "unless you remember what you published last", what does that mean? Remembering the sheets you published last, or PS or MS that you published last.

Ok, I didn't know there was a right click menu there. Never in my life I used it - there were checkboxes on the screen already. Thanks! That should make it easier.

Remember what you published last is Model or Layout, 'cause AutoCAD remembers your last selection.

Ok, I didn't know there was a right click menu there. Never in my life I used it - there were checkboxes on the screen already. Thanks! That should make it easier.

Remember what you published last is Model or Layout, 'cause AutoCAD remembers your last selection.

Many commands have command specific right click shortcut options available which can be incredibly helpful. I am guessing that you will have used some of them before. Autocad 2012 has changed the default right click shortcut menu considerably, the CLIPBOARD dropdown contains basic edit tools. The ISOLATE dropdown can be useful too. It seems from your last post that you already have them enabled, should you wish to explore other right click customizations, you can do so in OPTIONS > USER PREFERENCES > RIGHT CLICK CUSTOMIZATION as shown on the attachment.

right click customization settings.jpg

^ Thanks! I'm aware of that. I only use right click as "Repeat my last command" and Enter besides the right click "snap on" menu.

Right clicking into Publish empty Dialog Box wasn't intuitive for me to figure it out on my own I guess.