friction

jverre

I'm working at the moment on a project and for it I need to take into consideration the froction between a pendulum and oil (the pendulum will be in oil). I'm using meca3D to simulate the oscillation of the pendulum but I don't know how to create a force that would be proportionnal to the speed of the pendulum

Thanks very much for your help (I hope i have explained my problem clearly=))

photo1.pdf

Sorry, ive never used meca3d. The best thing i could suggest is doing a fluid simulation in SW. You can simulate the motion of the pendulum then add a fluid. Instead of using air or water, you use your oil. Do you have any idea of the friction?

Thing is I don't think i have access to the fluid simulation =( All I found was a little flow simulation which enabled me to generate a flow of liquid or air from one end to another=(

Is there an add one I need to download??

thanks very much for you help

I've managed to get a hold of sdk flow simulation but it looks quite difficult to use =( I'll have a look at it and if there is something i can't figure out I'll post another message.

Thanks very much for all your help =)

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally had the time to try and use flow simulation, but I can't seem to use it properly. I have put my pendulum in a closed box put I don't know how to make it rotate freely after i have put it at an angle. Do I need to do a simulation first and then add the oil?

I'm a bit lost =(

Thanks very much for you're help =)

in the simulation you should be able to add gravity(little apple icon if i remember right). Without that no motion will happen without some sort of force added.