Hatch Boundary Update Fails

one25IT

I want to remove all data labels from a drawing and I want hatches to fill the gaps.

All hatches are created as associative fills.

When I remove data labels using a Quick Select or Select Similar command only a few neighboring hatch areas are updated. As for the remaining gaps from labels persist.

Now I am removing them one by one.

Initial state:

hatches 1.jpg

After removing labels:

hatches 2.jpg

Any ideas?

SLW210, this is the drawing.

Drawing3.dwg

CyberAngel, could you be more precise? I know that I can remove the holes, which are left after deleting the text, but is there a way to close them all at once?

Thanks.

If you have to do it in a hurry, I suppose you could right-click on the hatch and use Set Boundary. That way you only have to select the old exterior boundary, and you can ignore all the interior boundaries.

There are a lot of hatches and a lot boundaries to take care of. Therefore, it still would be quite time consuming. I ended up leaving the annotations in the drawing.

Thanks anyhow.