Does Carrier Provide 3D Drawings for Their Residential Equipment?

julimor

I'm having my HVAC replaced in my house, all Carrier equipment. I've been keeping an as built set of drawings for the house. I've looked on Carrier's website but I could only find a handful of commercial 2D drawings.

It seems their website is mostly designed with the consumer in mind so I was wondering if there is somewhere they keep dwg files for residential equipment. Does anyone here know?

Even if it's only 2D, I can build a 3D out of that.

Many years ago, I worked for one of Carrier's suppliers. They didn't even have 3d drawings for us, sometimes no drawings at all. They would send in a sample of the header they wanted us to make and we'd have to measure it ourselves. You may have to take a tape measure out and make a sketch, then draw it.

That's what it's looking like I'll have to do. In today's computer design world I'm really surprised more suppliers aren't on board. And in the mechanical world, it's really bad. I was doing the electrical design on a pretty big data center and working hand in hand with the mechanical contractor. They had a designer on the job who did nothing but make parts. And the job lasted a year. The custom parts she would draw and then send them back to the shop for fabrication from her drawings. I thought that's what manufacturers did today.

I contacted Carrier and they replied the same day. I was told they don't have anything like that available and that I should contact my supplier or contractor. Of course, that means they would have to create Carrier's equipment from scratch. Why do something if you can get someone else to do it?

That's what it's looking like I'll have to do. In today's computer design world I'm really surprised more suppliers aren't on board. And in the mechanical world, it's really bad. I was doing the electrical design on a pretty big data center and working hand in hand with the mechanical contractor. They had a designer on the job who did nothing but make parts. And the job lasted a year. The custom parts she would draw and then send them back to the shop for fabrication from her drawings. I thought that's what manufacturers did today.

I contacted Carrier and they replied the same day. I was told they don't have anything like that available and that I should contact my supplier or contractor. Of course, that means they would have to create Carrier's equipment from scratch. Why do something if you can get someone else to do it?

Carrier is the biggest dinosaur in the game. Back nearly 20 years ago when I was doing this, they controlled about 23 to 24% of the world market. If you took the top 25 refrigeration companies, Carrier was on top, and the next 24 added together weren't as big as they were. When you are the T-rex in your industry, you do things to suit yourself.