import coordinates of a 3D model to autocad

green77park

OK...well most of that went right over my head. Perhaps that is something best handled by JDM.

I think creating a 3D model from what you have provided could prove to be a challenge.

Did you read the message I left at your profile?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• green77park

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• Bill Tillman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read all what written by friends JDM and ReMark and thanks for your helps I think I must draw a side and use 3d mirror to creat the other side like JDM says and work in another side on arms and I read your PM missage

Edited by green77park

Your message has been received. I will be contacting you shortly.

In the meantime, if you wish to continue with the tower you currently have follow JDM's advice as previously stated. Good luck.

Email has been sent. Time out=7:58 a.m. EDST

JDM: Did you read post #20?

The OP is a civil engineer who appears to be studying for an advanced degree. He's more in league with you than he is with me so I'm dropping out of the conversation unless he has an AutoCAD-related question. I sent him a sample 3D drawing of a power line transmission tower which I thought might be of some interest.

Yes JDM you are right with my autocad is old but this version was provide in my country and I didnt have a company it is self support that I can do friend my work on autocad only the 3d model not more and what I asked................

and what ReMark said I explain why want the 3d model in the post #20

Good luck

...and what ReMark said I explain why want the 3d model in the post #20....

Do you still have that old analysis software?

I would use a modern software program like Autodesk Inventor Frame Analysis.

But first you need to learn the 3D.

Considering that your active layer was turned off in the file you attached - I suspect you have a long way to go to learn how to model this design. It is a relatively simple design with simple Sweeps (as in the tutorial I linked earlier) but a lot of tedious and repetative work. Analysis is another quantum level of difficulty above simple modeling.

Attach your file here as you run into difficulty.

Ok thanks JDM you mean sap2000 I have information on this program I heard it is old but it is still work with me I try to change soon but I dont like to waiste more time because of my study my aim to create the 3d model, thank you I will do my best

I don't inform about this in the university and I ask the university about this infomation they only tell me you have to enter science direct or Ieeexplore and download some papers from these site because we have limit you cannt download any paper you need and I am an intrnational student in the university I ask about this and try to do this and before that I explain that I know this programs my aim is only the results because I have aprogram in fortran language only to compare the results that the fortran program is work

I think now I have a clearer understanding of your problem.

I was thinking in terms of creating a solid model representative of the actual tower.

If I understand now - you don't need a solid model of the frame members - only a wireframe (lines) connecting the nodes.

This should be relatively easy to create.

Post back if you have trouble with creating the AutoCAD wireframe (but I would not be able to help you with the FORTRAN or analysis as I only have experience with newer methods).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks ReMark it is a hard way but the important I get the 3d model and I can complete my work thanks for your advise and encourage me friend