Wood hatch!

CadFrank

There are plenty of free wood grain hatch patterns to be found on the Internet. Have you tried looking?

Better yet, look at the list of Similar Threads below. The question has been asked and answered on more than one occasion.

Ok i found a hatch Acad.pat and acad.slb then i copied pasted them to the right AutoCad location and it isn't working would i have to do something else to make them work?

How can i fix my problem?

You found a hatch pattern and did what with it? Did you append it to acad.pat or did you just put the new hatch pattern in the same folder. Be as specific as possible.

Well i took a zip file on the internet and in it were acad.pat and acad.slb.

The .pat and slb are modified. who ever created them added some script to it.

So i copied pasted them in the Support file so i could have them but they do not appear when i do the command hatch.

If you can't see the new hatch patterns it leads me to believe you have placed the files in the wrong folder. And if it were the right folder you would have overwritten the original files which, in my opinion, is never a good idea.

You can verify the path to the acad.pat file AutoCAD is really using by typing the following (just as it appears....exactly) at the command line then press Enter. AutoCAD will return the correct path to the file.

(findfile"acad.pat")

Should you get it right then I would expect the new hatch patterns to populate Type = Custom in your Hatch dialog box.

Well i saved the originale one in another folder! so i can put them back.

i also verified the file pattern and it is ok.

i do not know why i don't see them could it be because it's either an older or a newer version of autocad? I have the 2010

You verified the "pattern"? I asked if you had verified the "path". Not the same thing.

The version shouldn't matter.

Did you shut down then restart AutoCAD?

Did you look under Type > Custom?

Sorry about my english I meant path.

Yes I openned and close the program.

But maybe there's an error somewhere in the script.

And since dont know how it works well i can't fix it..

I'll look for different one.

Thanks alot for your help.

Cheers & beers !

What script? You mean an error in the hatch pattern itself?

Maybe you should just find and try a single wood grain hatch pattern first before trying to load an entire library of patterns. Then test it.

When you add a to the hatch pattern file, you have to do a couple of steps that the instructions in the help file aren't real clear about. In the pic below, click on the down arrow to change "type" to "custom"...see the red outlined box. Then go down to the "custom pattern" and click the square button with the three dots ... outlined in green. That will pop open the Hatch Pattern Palette dialog box and your custom pattern should be visible there.

hatch.jpg