Autocad to excel problem

catalin.profiri

hy

i've been working with autocad for a couple a months and in most of my drawings i have at least one excel worksheet. it's the 2nd time it's happening ... when i double click in autocad the worksheet (previously imported with copy / paste) a message appears and tells "cannot start server application". first time i solved the issue by reinstalling windows... but... there's got to be something else...

can anyone help?

please...

Maybe the Excel is not installed on your computer but u use it from a server. Or maybe the file is stored somewhere else and the network path was not found.

Just a guess...

I'm guessing here, but could it be something to do with file associations? Does an excel file automatically start Microsoft excel up if you double click it? If not shift right click the excel file and choose open with, then choose microsoft excel and make sure the check box at the bottom is ticked.

Dave

• 2 years later...

hey did you find a solution? I think it has something to do with the data links. should be able to go into settings somewhere, i just haven't had time to check. This all started happening for me when I leaned on my keyboard. Even our tech has no idea....im lost on it.

... are you using excel on cad drawings?

I am. we have templates set up and my system is the only one that will not launch the server (excel) application. I just keep getting errors.

We basically copy the sheet generated in excel and paste it into CAD. When editing we open the ole or double click, do our thing in the sheet, and it automatically updates it in CAD. Then when we're done we close the dwg and it automatically closes the excel window.

im lost.

wa.... y dont you use table? it is jst the same as excel. all the necessary output excel does. it is better more output in cad dwg files than excel. there is no harm in trying, and trying can gain knowledge, out of the blue.