Inserting Files Are Listed In Reverse Alphabetical Order

gsksun4

When trying to open or insert files, the folders and files are listed in reverse alphabetical order (Z on top to A on bottom) in AutoCad. All other programs are listed fine, Word, Visio, etc.

Is there a variable I can type in? I have changed none of the setting that I know of.

Using AutoCad 2009LT.

Thanks.

Glenn

When trying to open or insert files, the folders and files are listed in reverse alphabetical order (Z on top to A on bottom) in AutoCad. All other programs are listed fine, Word, Visio, etc.

Is there a variable I can type in? I have changed none of the setting that I know of.

Using AutoCad 2009LT.

Thanks.

Glenn

Are you talking about the dialog box that opens when you click the "browse" button in the insert dialog? If so, up along the top you'll see the words "name", "size", "type" and so forth. Next to each of these words is a little triangle or arrowhead. If you click on it, it will sort the files by that column. If the arrow points down, it will be z to a, if up, a to z. Same for the other columns. You can sort by size, date created, type, all that stuff. That works in any windows program, not just autocad, btw.

Are you talking about the dialog box that opens when you click the "browse" button in the insert dialog? If so' date=' up along the top you'll see the words "name", "size", "type" and so forth. Next to each of these words is a little triangle or arrowhead. If you click on it, it will sort the files by that column. If the arrow points down, it will be z to a, if up, a to z. Same for the other columns. You can sort by size, date created, type, all that stuff. That works in any windows program, not just autocad, btw.[/quote']

OK, things are back in order now. Maybe the reboot helped.

Thank you for the help Jack.

Edited by gsksun4