Penn Foster classes - Are they worth it?

SuperCAD

it covers a lot of staf from engineering matterial,engineering mechanics concrete topographic drawing ,survying,earthwork,structural steel design, reinforced concrete design,fluid mechanics, highway constructin and design 1and 2, engineering economy,all kind of mathes and calcules and a lot more which contain 70 credits and it is associat of civil engineering . it is very good program i am glad that i did.:D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• solo8591

• Dadgad

• PotGuy

I think so, and it has been almost 5 month for this autocad drafting but i am on the final stage just finished the structural draftinig the 6th plate and start the 7th what do you think about the progress .

hey and we went to penn stat university, harrisberg for the residential course for the month and graduated there @the same times with gown!

it took me 2 years and 2 month .

That's pretty impressive. Do you know why the program was eliminated?

No doubt it was too good!

Showed up all the other courses for what they really were. :huh:

We can't have that now, there's money at stake.

P-F offers law degrees? Oh that is so wrong!

I was surprised to see that PF, which now hails from (a mail drop maybe ? in) Scottsdale Arizona, was purchased by the PRINCETON REVIEW.

80% of their business comes by way of supplying tests.

So much for being great educators.

Do they really care what is on the tests, or if information is accurate?

Not as long as the crew down at Mailboxes, Etc. keep showing up for work and sending out the tests.

Historically speaking?

You decide.

Edited by Dadgad

it covers a lot of staf from engineering matterial,engineering mechanics concrete topographic drawing ,survying,earthwork,structural steel design, reinforced concrete design,fluid mechanics, highway constructin and design 1and 2, engineering economy,all kind of mathes and calcules and a lot more which contain 70 credits and it is associat of civil engineering . it is very good program i am glad that i did.:D

It sounds okay. I still have bad memories of advanced reinforced concrete design... :)

Overall, it dounds like Penn Foster is a cheap, over priced course that is much worse than CADTutor in terms of learning (and where needed) debating constructive approaches to AutoCad.

How has Penn Foster survived for this long if this is the case?

Many people leap before they look. And once they have your money kiss it goodbye. I doubt they give refunds in anything approaching a timely manner if they ever do.

Many people leap before they look. And once they have your money kiss it goodbye. I doubt they give refunds in anything approaching a timely manner if they ever do.

They should look around dedicated Forums like ours. Better value for money (Free, so win - win there), as long as they're not rude or abusive. :)

• 4 weeks later...

After all the negative comments I've read about PF here on the site, I must say I was shocked to see their huge ad staring at me at the top of the CADTutor thread I was viewing! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

After all the negative comments I've read about PF here on the site, I must say I was shocked to see their huge ad staring at me at the top of the CADTutor thread I was viewing! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Well, my hot chocolate nearly went round my desk after that comment! :facepalm: :rofl:

Where does one fish but where fish congregate. Makes sense doesn't it?

Sense of a sort, of course. But here, there are some pretty big fish warning about the hook behind the bait. :D Hope they're paying an arm & a leg, through the nose, etc, for the privilege!:lol:

I think the last time I checked the price was under $900 and Penn-Foster was offering some kind of rebate if one successfully completed the course.