help please. Changing part QTY in parts list?

TLRstacker

hey guys i have been having some troubles with my parts lists and wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. i am sure it is a simple fix.

basically i have been getting some entries "blued out" and that means i can not edit them. this seems to be happening with all the quantities and some of the descriptions.

example 1

i-M7DV77G-L.jpg

i have tried various group filters with no luck

example 2

i-359d8dz-L.jpg

closest i can get is this

example 3

i-VxhwTBk-L.jpg

but as you can see i still can't edit the QTY column and that is no good to me at all.

so can anyone please explain how this happens and what i can do to change/avoid it in the future?

The files are read only for some reason. I usually get that when I insert something from Content Center but forget to select As Custom vice As Standard. If this is not the case, check in windows to make sure that the parts are not set as read only. If they are, and you can't un-set the read only flag for some reason, then you may be running into a Vault issue (file is not checked out?) or Inventor is locking them out for some other reason ... I've had that happen too, and there doesn't always seem to be a consistent reason for it. Sometimes something as simple as rebooting can fix it, other times not.

thanks again Bishop for the reply and help. :) i had a look and all files are placed as custom content or with frame gen. i also have full contol security access as an administrator and none of the parts are read only. my project is also set to stand alone user (or whatever it is not vault any way) and none of the parts have come from vault. i figure there is a box not ticked or one that is ticked that shouldn't be. i am assuming it is an easy fix. :) might cave and ring help desk today. :( :lol: