Viewport clipping boundary still displaying when set not to print

Organic

I had several rectangular viewports created which resides on the vport layer that is set to not print. I wanted to convert these viewports to a clipped polygonal vewport. I drew the polyline and clipped the viewport to that object and it worked for most of them.

If I had moved my polyline/object I was to clip the viewport into onto the vport layer before clipping, the process worked fine and the viewport border would not print. However if I had the polyline object border on layer 0 and then clipped the viewport, the viewport border (even though still on the vport layer set to not print) would then print/not display.

This time it was only a couple of viewports which I manually recreated, although for future reference is there a fix/trick to get around this if one forgets to move the polyline to be clipped onto the vport layer first before clipping?

If I understand your question correctly, it is possible to change the layer of a clipped viewport border after you create it. Select the viewport boundary. That will give you two objects, the viewport and the polyline. Go to the Properties window, pull down the top combo box, and select the polyline object. You can now change its layer.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was after. Now that I think about it I've used it before although not in recent times. It is confusing how when you select the viewport, in the properties pane it shows the drop-down as Viewport (1) (rather than multiple objects), which I wasn't clicking into as I thought I only had one object (the viewport) and not also the polyline there/

• 2 years later...