Reconcile layers

RaSha

Every time some drawings are opened, they come up with a prompt to “Reconcile layers”, even though no new layers are being added to the drawings. Is there a way to fix this problem?

The "problem" is that there are layers from an xref that have not been examined for their impact on the current drawing. To reconcile a layer (or layers), right-click on it (or them) in the Layer Manager and select "reconcile layer."

Every time some drawings are opened, they come up with a prompt to “Reconcile layers”, even though no new layers are being added to the drawings. Is there a way to fix this problem?

That is what I am doing right now but my question was regarding a permanent fix to this problem, so one doesn’t have to repeat the same routine of reconciling layers every time the same drawings files are opened.

_LAYERNOTIFY = 0 turns off alert notification.

_LAYEREVAL = 0 turns off evaluation of new layers.

_LAYEREVALCTL = 0 Disables the evaluation and notification of new layers and overrides the LAYEREVAL and LAYERNOTIFY setvars.

Add the following bit of code to your ACADDOC.LSP file so it set the variable every time you open a drawing.

;;; Turn off layer evaluation and notification
(setvar "layerevalctl" 0)

Edited by SLW210
Add code tags!!!

• 11 months later...
_LAYERNOTIFY = 0 turns off alert notification.

_LAYEREVAL = 0 turns off evaluation of new layers.

_LAYEREVALCTL = 0 Disables the evaluation and notification of new layers and overrides the LAYEREVAL and LAYERNOTIFY setvars.

Add the following bit of code to your ACADDOC.LSP file so it set the variable every time you open a drawing.

;;; Turn off layer evaluation and notification
(setvar "layerevalctl" 0)

Hi SLW210 - Sorry to open up an old thread but can I check a couple of things with you re. the bit of code?

Is it "layerevalctrl" or layerevalctl (without the 2nd 'r')?

Also, I don't have an ACADDOC.LSP file but I do have a ACA.LSP file with a bunch of different codes in (I'm using Acad 2012) Will it work if I drop it in there?

Unreconciled layers are driving me nuts and as I'm the only one amending the xref'd file, I'm hoping I don't really need to know about them!

Thanks, and sorry to open up the thread again ;)

Edited by SLW210

Correct, it is misspelled, I have corrected them.

Open Notepad and add your code and save as acaddoc.lsp, acad.lsp only loads once (unless ACADLSPASDOC=1) and acaddoc.lsp loads with each drawing.

RobDraw is correct, _LAYEREVALCTL is saved in the registry and "SHOULD" remain, these can get reset with third party add-ons and codes.

_LAYERNOTIFY and _LAYEREVAL are saved in the drawing.

P.S. Be sure to add acaddoc.lsp to a folder in the search path.