Special jurisdiction = special layers

baker

I have a full set of water drawing that need to be submitted to the City’s Water Department. We have to include DWF and DWG drawings on a CDRom, but that is easy and not what I need help with. The issue is that there is a stand-alone submittal set. Now, this is not hard to do with Sheet Set Manager; that is not the problem. The problem is that the Water Department has a special set of layers that they want any Civil to use for submittal. These layers are of course different from the NCS we are using now and in our CD submittal set.

Is there a better way than to insert or bind the drawings to a special set of drawings and then change the names? I would most likely use either the “rename” command or the “layer translator” function in Civil 3D 2012. However, if I ever had a revision that affects the base drawing and the CD set; I would have to re do all this binging/inserting and renaming over as well.

Please help! Thank you.

If this is a client that you work with often, then I'd suggest that you consider either working in their layers (for their projects), or incorporate the LAYTRANS command into your submittal procedures. ;)

Another option could be to write code; but I believe the above two suggestions will be sufficient.

HTH