Block Decription

CiCAD

No. i do not want to rename it. i have blocks from other drawing i would like to copy into a dwg and then access them from the design center. i do not want to rename the block. i do not want to recreate the blocks as they have too many parasmeters and all work correctly. how ever i would like to add a description to the block so as when i am in the design center i can see the description.

Issue the _BLOCK command, choose the block name and add the description, check the box for retain, hit OK and select Yes for redifine block.

Dynamic blocks (also works on regular blocks), _BEDIT then Properties (once in Block Editor) expand the Block section and in Description fill it in as desired.

Another way is to go into the file 'that you insert as a block into other drawings' and go into 'Drawing Properties' there.

Under the 'Summary' tab there are a few fields.