Merging polylines

Proctor

Hello: if you are drawing a polyline....and (in looking at my pic) draw from point A to point B an then back up to point C, is there a way to merge the poly so that it only goes from point A to point B?

Thanks,

Proctor

Merging lines.JPG

You can get rid of the B to C segment by using the OVERKILL command found in Express Tools.

I tested this (using your example) and got the following response in AutoCAD.

Command: OVERKILL

Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 1 found

Select objects:

0 duplicate(s) deleted

1 overlapping object(s) or segment(s) deleted

1) explode and erase B-C, convert back to pline if necessary

2) Pick on the polyline, select the grip at C and stretch it away from the A-B pline. Then use Trim, enter, enter, pick on B-C polyline.

3) see other responses

Easiest way to do it would be select the polyline and simply move the grip on Point B onto the grip on Point A or C.

Works good for one instance but if you had a drawing full of these abnormalities OVERKILL would do the job quicker.

Easiest way to do it would be select the polyline and simply move the grip on Point B onto the grip on Point A or C.

You will leave a zero length line segment so I would recommend not doing this.

Overkill is great, also very helpful deleting duplicated 3Dmodels in large assemblies. I use it after exploding SOLPROF generated blocks, and it instantly deletes huge numbers of redundant lines, and cleans up just about everything else.