How to use DBConnect with Oracle

newCADuser

Hello

I am Oracle DB Administrator and no knowledge about autoCAD. i have a new requirement from company to save a static drawing's dimensions' data into DB table. We have hundreds of drawings. DBConnect connects with oracle using ODBC. But how it is possible that we draw a drawing and its attributes are saved in DB.

Any document, tutorial which may help...

Thanx ahead.

it's possible but I'm pretty sure you'll need to develop such a code yourself, you'll need a some fair knowledge of autolisp at a minimum, if I correctly understand what your asking.

Hello

I am Oracle DB Administrator and no knowledge about autoCAD. i have a new requirement from company to save a static drawing's dimensions' data into DB table. We have hundreds of drawings. DBConnect connects with oracle using ODBC. But how it is possible that we draw a drawing and its attributes are saved in DB.

Any document, tutorial which may help...

Thanx ahead.

AutoCAD MAP3D, does it with ease, provide it's a spatical database. in the mean time you might want to look over sl-kings site.

• 2 weeks later...

In fact Bill of Measurement is prepared based upon the measurements/dimensions of drawing. Bill of Measurement calculates how many cement,steel,bricks and bitumen etc will be used in the construction of building depicted in drawing. We are trying to create some formulas which use the dimensions of drawing saved in database and calculate the Bill of Measurement automatically.