Use often MText?

Alex Moiceanu

Hello again,

I use often MText command and I want to optimize that command.

After I select the window where I want the text to be created,appears the 'Text Formatting' window and by defalut,MText Justification is set to Top Left.

I use often the Middle Center Justification but it's annoying to set it every time.

How can I set this to start every time by Middle Center Justification?

The way I handle this is by using the Tool Palettes. Here's what I do:

Create the text, get it set up exactly the way you want. Use anything as a placeholder for the MText. I just simply use "TEXT". Then, make it a block. Now you can drag/drop right onto a Tool Palette and from here you can right-click > Properties the block of text, and select it to Explode upon Insert. This is the quickest way IMHO to handle little customizations like this, without any actual programmable customizations.

Hope this helps.

I use these on a daily basis...

; mtext with 0 width
(defun c:T (/ pt)
 (initdia)
 (command "_.mtext")
 (if (setq pt (getpoint "\nSpecify insertion point <First corner>: "))
   (command "_non" pt "_W" 0.)
 )
 (princ)
)

;mtext center justified, 0 width
(defun c:TY (/ pt)
(initdia)
(command "_.mtext")
(if (setq pt (getpoint "\nSpecify first corner: "))
  (command pt "_j" "_mc" "_w" 0)
)
(princ)
)

The way I handle this is by using the Tool Palettes. Here's what I do:

Create the text, get it set up exactly the way you want. Use anything as a placeholder for the MText. I just simply use "TEXT". Then, make it a block. Now you can drag/drop right onto a Tool Palette and from here you can right-click > Properties the block of text, and select it to Explode upon Insert. This is the quickest way IMHO to handle little customizations like this, without any actual programmable customizations.

Hope this helps.

Ok...so I opened the Tool Pallete,i created the block as you said and then wanted to drag&drop but nothing happened.:(

Why I can't drag&drop the block onto the Tool Pallete?

I tend to include small samples of configured elements into my template drawings, I used to use tool palletes a lot more, they are very helpful for customization stuff. My templates typically include a fairly comprehensive pallette of about the same size as my sheet block, which includes lots of recurring elements such as dimensions with custom styles, annotation bits, leaders with preferred style, etc. I can relate though, as whenever I get a model from somebody else with a leader style which I don't like, or standard dimstyle included, I feel compelled to go in and set a new DIMSTYLE 1, and leader style. In that way I can later delete the STANDARD dimstyle, which I never use.

Ok...so I opened the Tool Pallete,i created the block as you said and then wanted to drag&drop but nothing happened.:(

Why I can't drag&drop the block onto the Tool Pallete?

1. Save the drawing first.

2. Don't Click+Hold+Drag+Drop on the Tool Palette, you have to Click the block once, then Click+Hold+Drag+Drop. I know it's kinda stupid but Tool Palettes are weird like that. :lol:

Click+Hold+Drag+Drop on the Tool Palette, you have to Click the block once, then Click+Hold+Drag+Drop. I know it's kinda stupid but Tool Palettes are weird like that. :lol:

Do wa diddy, diddy dum diddy do