Creating a custom drawing sheet template

Maxelkat

Can anybody tell me how to create a drawing sheet format to my company's standard. Solidworks has a help file on it, but it doesn't make any sense to me! Ideally if I could save an AutoCAD drawing as a slddrt that would be great.

I'm using SW2012.

Maxelkat

Maxelkat, the drawing block is simply a sketch. In your drawing file you can make or edit this by right clicking on sheet and going to "edit sheet format". at that point your lines will be blue. You can add text boxes and link them to properties by leaving them empty or simply enter things like headings or titles that will be there. While you are editing this sheet, if you go to File you will now have a "Save Sheet Format". you will be able to use this title block in your standard templates or insert it into new sheets. Keep in mind these are sheet size specific...

here is a vid i made about custom properties awhile back that might help.

http://www.mymlcservices.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=306&video_id=325