Time to Upgrade

cadrafter

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and signed up to get your expertise.

I am currently running AutoCAD LT 2007 and wanted to upgrade to 2012 because of the discounts and rebates. But after speaking to a local sales rep, he wanted me to buy a suite, subscription and all this other b.s. that he was confusing me about.

I found a LT 2012 upgrade for 09-11 and was wondering if it would work on LT07. One of the reviewers mentioned he switched from 07 to 12 and I wanted to confirm this would work. Should I wait for 2013 or get the discounted 2012 version?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alanjt

• tzframpton

• cadrafter

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not trust an upgrade made for 2009-2011 to work properly with 2007.

Buy 2012 through an authorized AutoDesk reseller and ask about upgrading to 2013 when it comes out in April (still four months away).

I wouldn't buy a Subscription to LT either.

Should I wait for 2013 or get the discounted 2012 version?

Well it doesn't work that way with AutoDesk. Once 2013 is out they will not offer 2012. You could still buy 2012 from some place like Amazon or CDW as they have older copies of LT from time-to-time.

Well, you got me on that one lol.

For a guy like me who isn't a programmer then it wouldn't be as bad. I could manage small tasks, and have before at a previous job. But still, I have my library of custom programs (a lot from you in fact) and I have to admit I can't live without them.

Well, you got me on that one lol.

For a guy like me who isn't a programmer then it wouldn't be as bad. I could manage small tasks, and have before at a previous job. But still, I have my library of custom programs (a lot from you in fact) and I have to admit I can't live without them.

I could go back to the days of no custom programs, but I don't want to.

Oh yeah, and I'm glad you could get some use out of the tripe I post.

I could go back to the days of no custom programs, but I don't want to.

Oh yeah, and I'm glad you could get some use out of the tripe I post.

Totally. My all-time favs are the XREFSTOLAYERS (which I use religiously) and the SETUP routines. Can't live without them. 8)

I found LT 2012 on Amazon for $800. Is this legit?

I also thought subscriptions only allow home use for one year, is that correct? I really don't work at home, so I dont see the point of this.

First, over 82.75% of things posted on the interwebs are in fact not legit, so be careful.

Second, if this is true:

I really don't work at home, so I dont see the point of [working from home].

... Then why ask this :unsure:?

subscriptions only allow home use for one year, is that correct?

I also thought subscriptions only allow home use for one year, is that correct? I really don't work at home, so I dont see the point of this.

As long as it from Amazon it should be OK. They can sell LT.

the only reason why I asked about the subscription was to make sure I understood what it was for.

Thanks for everyone's feedback! I think i'll upgrade to the LT2012 to try it out.