Windows arrow and AutoCAD cursor in Drawing Sapce

EdRose

I am running into an annoying situation with AutoCAD. I am working withAutoCAD 2005, the computer system is Windows 7, but we are running it invirtual Windows XP mode so it is compatible with our network. Anyways, theproblem is that the standard Windows cursor/arrow/hour glass is over theAutoCAD crosshair cursor when I am in the drawing space. I believe the Windowscursor should disappear when I am in the model space. Is there some way to turnthis off or may this be an issue with running the virtual XP? Any help would beappreciated.

I think it is related to running virtual XP. Are you using VMware?

I've run 2004 (32-bit) in Win 7 on a 64-bit system and don't experience the problem. I just wanted to see if it would load/run. I use 2012 normally.

No, we arejust running a Virtual XP mode that is integrated with Windows 7. I am beginning to think that it is just a problem with the way we are running it. It's an annoyance rather than a problem though. Thanks for your reply.

We sometimes expect too much of our software. 2005 was designed to run under the prevalent OS at the time which was Vista I believe if not then XP. Also it is a 32-bit program we're trying to run on a 64-bit system. Did you happen to notice anything re: 2005 Express Tools by any chance?

You know, I have never really used the Express Tools, but I looked into itand they seem to be running fine. As for the problem, I figured as much withtrying to run all the different configurations. Anyways, thanks for the helpand hopefully we will upgrade to a newer version of CAD eventually.

I would expect they would too since you are using a virtual WinXP setup which supports 16-bit code. Express Tools for 2005 was a 16-bit app.