how do I put a section view onto a different page than the primary view??

rhader

to clarify - I have a primary view that I need to take multiple section views of.

for instance 'section A-A' thru 'section H-H'...........

Too many views for the same page and would be nice not to have to show the primary view on every page I wanted a section view....

any ideas?

thx.

not the greatest option but you can drag your view outside of the sheet. This way it wont be seen when printed. Im not in front of SW at the moment so im not sure if there is a way to link views across sheets. have you tried making them all on one sheet, selecting one and copying it. Then try to paste it to the next sheet?

thx. the idea of dragging the views off the screen would work. A little time consuming as you would have to add an additional Section View Line to a primary view in order to have all the views line up. and then drage the additional view of fthe page as well. but it would work.

As far as pasting goes - I have tried that and as far as I know SW will not copy and paste image viewws like that. comes up with an error "The item on clipboard cannot be pasted here".....

It appears that you can copy and past the primary views... Just not the section or cut views....

any other ways to do this? I would assume that there should be somtheing... seeing as a proper drawing should not have to have a main / primary view of an assembly on every page in orde rto get a section / detail view form it...

I dont have any modeling software in front of me, but you could try simply hiding views. I have not used Solidworks for quite some time, but I believe you can me your primaty view with your section and hide either or. There may be more efficient and better ways to do it though. I have never personally had to do this.

Another thought, you may be able to break the connection the section view has with the base view and simply delete the base view. Again, don't have the software with me so I cant try it.

You should be able to simply drag-and-drop on the second sheet (or whatever sheet).

Click on it in the Browser and hold mouse button down to drag in the browser to next sheet (be sure to go just below the Sheet node and nto below the sheet format or you will not get the move arrow symbol.

Make sure the source sheet is the active sheet when doing this.

Move Section.png

Figured it out!

you can drag the section or cut view or detail within the Darwing 'Tree' and drag it to the sheet that you want it displayed.... you can do this after you have added dimensions or any annotation etc... and i moves the view as oppose to copying it.

You should be able to simply drag-and-drop on the second sheet (or whatever sheet).

Click on it in the Browser and hold mouse button down to drag in the browser to next sheet (be sure to go just below the Sheet node and nto below the sheet format or you will not get the move arrow symbol.

Make sure the source sheet is the active sheet when doing this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31529[/ATTACH]

yes thats exactly it. I could have sworn I had tried that and it didnt work... but thats what I was looking for.

thx!!

when I try to copy a view lets say 'Section View A-A' it copies via 'CTRL-C' bu when I go to paste it I get this error message...

any suggestions??

2011-12-05_131505.jpg