Layer Properties using VBA

tigger29900

Newbie here

i have been using this forum frequently as of late and had a question i was hoping you could help me with.

I am building a program in visual basic to select certain layers and change their color to outline a certain path on a layer diagram. I need to program a clear button that sets all of the layer colors back to color 7 as efficiently as possible

any help would be appreciated

Secondly and less important

I was trying to figure out a way to select all of the text in the selected layers and export them to excel to build an effected equipment list. )I'm not sure if this is even possible)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to CADTutor!

You may find posting questions like this answered more quickly, appropriately, when posted in one of the programming forums found here. Also be sure to use

[/url] when posting code.

Perhaps a moderator can move this? 

[quote name='tigger29900']
I am building a program in visual basic to select certain layers and change their color to outline a certain path on a layer diagram. I need to program a clear button that sets all of the layer colors back to color 7 as efficiently as possible[/quote]

I'd personally recommend that you use Visual LISP, or VB.NET in lieu of VBA, just because there's a lot more support (i.e., sample code, tutorials, documentation, etc.) to help you learn.

In any event, use the ClearButton_Click Event to iterate through the Layers Collection, and change the Color Property.

Visual LISP example:

[code]
(defun c:FOO ()
 (vl-load-com)
 ((lambda (acDoc / oLayer)
    (vlax-for oLayer (vla-get-layers acDoc)
      (if (/= acWhite (vla-get-color oLayer))
        (vla-put-color oLayer acWhite))))
   (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))
 (princ))

Yes, this is possible. Give the programming forums a search, as I am sure this has been discussed before.

Hope this helps (HTH).