Penn Foster Oleson Village, Please Help

millerrk

I am pretty much stuck at the first BM and POB. I enter the information supplied and it draws a line to approx. 8 o'clock, not where it should go. I have checked my directions and they are set to East. My ucs is set to world. What am I missing?

Please help.

Thank you.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• millerrk

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the coordinates provided by the book, and that I installed. And upon viewing it seems that my BM is in the right location, but I cannot figure out why my first line heads to the South West quadrant.

@113.66

OK...that works for me. You are on the right track. Why does it work? Because north is at the 12 o'clock position (west is at 9 o'clock) and you turn the angle counterclockwise. Thus you are almost 5.5 degrees to the west. Got it?

ok, I understand all of that. I can actually visualize the compass layout of the project. What I am having problems with is that when I input the information my program draws a line to the SW of my BM where as it should be NNW of my BM. I have looked at the units setup and it is set as East is my base angle, making North up on my project. but my line goes the wrong direction. And that is what is confusing me, why is my line going left and down when it should be going up and left.

I'd double check that if I were you. I'd also double check the input at the command line. I have access to a copy of the drawing you are working on and I just did a test by drawing the line you provided the distance and bearing for and it goes in the correct direction NW (not SW).

Did you also check the LIMITS of your drawing? You didn't put in any negative numbers for the upper right hand corner did you?

I've got to check on something in the field. I'll be back.

I have retried it numerous times, double checking the info I input. and it seems to want to keep drawing a line almost to my 0,0 coordinate. does this make sense?

Thank you. I opened that file and then input the next coordinates and they go the way they are supposed to. Thank you. But any idea why my start would not do that?

I have one but it is only a vague idea so I'll keep it to myself. Post a copy of your drawing. When I have a moment I'll take a look at it.

Just as I thought. You did draw the line but you didn't notice it. I found it on layer "Border" (color: yellow) and it was drawn in the correct direction and at the proper distance. I had to freeze the lines on layer "0" to see it.

Maybe you were zoomed too far out to notice.

Oh well, you had it right there in front of your nose all this time. You shouldn't have doubted yourself but you also should have taken a closer look. Enough said. Get back to work. You have some lost time to make up.