combining two hatches?

rock1

often i hatch two areas separately. is there any way to combine 2 adjacent hatches? for eg there are two adjacent rectangles which are hatched with same pattern hving the same scale. if i make the shape into a one single rectangle by trimming the middle line, i want to combine the two hatch into a one single hatch. how can i do this?

Are the adjacent hatch patterns the same or different?

If they are the same are the scale factors the same as well?

Ask and ye shall receive. Don't ever say we don't go the extra mile for a forum member.

http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2011/11/23/autolisp-merge-hatches-join-hatches/

Edited by ReMark

yes they are exactly identical

What are you waiting for then? I provided you with the answer to all your prayers in my previous post. Get a move on dude! LOL

• 5 years later...
rock1: Well? Did the lisp routine meet your requirements?

I tried this routine, but it just made the entire Hatch disappear.

I tried this routine, but it just made the entire Hatch disappear.

It worked for me the one and only time I tested it. I cannot say what caused it to fail in your case.

Try this one by hmsilva. After loading it type the word "test" (without the quotes) to run the routine. In my test, this morning, it worked just fine.

HatchMerge.lsp

Out of curiosity I went back and tested the merge hatch routine I previously posted the link to (written by Jvillarreal). Once again it did work for me but the thing I don't like about it is that after the user has picked the first hatch pattern it has to be picked a second time along with the other hatch it will be merged with. So, in my test using two hatched squares I had to make a total of three picks. Using the routine by hmsilva in the same test I only had to make two picks. Both routines work; it's your choice as to which one you want to use.

Edited by ReMark

The results of testing both lisp routines. The example on the left used hmsilva's program. The example on the right used Jvillerreal's.

Mergedhatchestest.jpg