ID to Points to Match Drawing

donaldo

I need to extract points from an Autocad Drawing and give them the same point numbers as shown on the drawing. Can anyone help? The drawing is a foundation plan showing pile foundations each with its unique number. I would normally draw a point over each pile and then copy and paste in preparation for uploading to my survey kit but it would be good to keep the same ref point. I suspect it may be a complicated process but any advice welcome. :? (I'm using a 2008 version)

I am a bit unsure as to exactly what you copy and paste. I suspect that it is the coordinates.

You are extremely hampered in using LT. I don't know whether you have any data extraction built in. :unsure:

Whilst I cannot give you hope for the automation of the process, you could draw a polyline between the points, in the order of the point numbers. Then list the polyline, and you can copy and paste more coordinates at a time. :D

I need to extract points from an Autocad Drawing and give them the same point numbers as shown on the drawing. Can anyone help? The drawing is a foundation plan showing pile foundations each with its unique number. I would normally draw a point over each pile and then copy and paste in preparation for uploading to my survey kit but it would be good to keep the same ref point. I suspect it may be a complicated process but any advice welcome. :? (I'm using a 2008 version)

Civil 3D (or pretty much any other civil or survey package) can do this.

If LT supports Fields in a block then make the attributes the insertion point plus a pt number then like Remark extract attributes to a file, you would manually have to enter number,

Else ID copy and paste to say excel create a csv using excel