Can't see hatch transparency in model space

I can't see the transparency of my hatches in model space ... but they show up in print preview ... Is there a system setting somewhere that will let me see the transparency in model space too?

S697-ENTERTAIN SYS OVERVIEW-DK 4 (2).dwg

Here's part of the file- in model space the sold hatch appears without transparency ... but if you look at the layout in print preview it does show up.

It will make what I need to do really difficult if I can't see the hatch's transparency in model space.

Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I would select the hatch and use properties to set the transparency. Are you sure you have _TRANSPARENCYDISPLAY = 1?

CETRANSPARENCY

ByLayer Transparency value determined by layer

ByBlock Transparency value determined by block

0 Fully opaque (not transparent)

1-90 Transparency value defined as a percentage

To change the transparency of existing objects, use the Properties palette or the Layer Properties Manager.

Note: Transparency is limited to 90 percent to avoid confusion with layers that are turned off or frozen.

The transparency level for new hatch objects is controlled by the HPTRANSPARENCY system variable.

HPTRANSPARENCY

Sets the default transparency for new hatches and fills.

Valid values include "use current" or ".", ByLayer, ByBlock, and integer values from 0 to 90. The higher the value the more transparent the hatch.

Values other than "use current" or "." value override the current transparency, CETRANSPARENCY.

Changing this value does not affect existing hatch objects.

• 7 years later...

HEY THERE.

I got the same problem, sadly...

I did -cant see any transparency difference even i already change the value.

aand i just findout myself....

i hope this might help as well....

type TRANSPARENCYDISPLAY and type 1.

if you type 0 = the transparency will be the same even though you set different transparency value (%)

if you type 1 = you may visualize your object transparency

You might want to test it out by set different values drasticly just to know if its working or not.

like 0% = solid color

50% = half transparent

90% = almost cannot see