Mixed version of AEC question

sparkyuk

Hello All, once again I have received a drawing from a consultant that has not been drawn using Autocad i guess, once loaded if I try and copy and paste anything into the drawing autocad comes up with this warning

"This application has detected a mixed version if AEC objects participating in thia operation, newer AEC objects will be disallowed from participating in this operation"

Is there anything I can do please to sort this as cancelling everytime I paste anything is doing my head in.

On the first screen, select the flavor of AutoCAD you are using, I assume vanilla. On the next screen, scroll down to 2008 (your version). Select the enabler for the object type you need to view. I see Civil, Architectural, and Mechanical, for starters. Obviously, you'll need to know the type(s) of objects you're importing, that is, the flavor of AutoCAD that produced them. Or you could install all the enablers to make sure.

Thanks M8

I went on to AutoCAD MEP 2008 Object Enabler and it said below so sorted just got to install and try I will come back tomorroer and let you know is its sorted

AutoCAD MEP 2008 Object Enabler will enable objects in the following Autodesk products:

• AutoCAD 2008
  • AutoCAD LT 2008
  • AutoCAD Architecture 2008
  • AutoCAD Electrical 2008
  • AutoCAD Mechanical 2008
  • AutoCAD Map 3D 2008
  • Civil 3D 2008
  • Land Desktop 2008
  • Mechanical Desktop 2008

Well I am sorry to say that didnt cure it, One other thing I might have failed to tell you was when opening the drawing its comes up with a proxy information box and within it it says

"Custom Objects created by ObjectARX application"

and " to check if web for live enablers is selected in options box in the sytems tab" where is this sytems Tab please ? Edit found it under options sorry

Things like Missing App AECScheuke60 and AECstructurebase60 are aslo in it ?

Edited by sparkyuk
Found Systems tab

It sounds like the file was created using a newer version of AutoCAD. If so, Drawing True View from AutoDesk will convert the drawing to a usable format for you.

Re: Systems tab.

This refers to your Options > Systems tab. There is a section on the right side with the heading "Live Enabler Options". Within that section is a checkoff box labeled "Check Web for Live Enablers". I'm not sure that's going to do much for you. Follow RobDraw's advice and see what happens. Report back here with the results.

Well i have just downloaded True View and it will not install as it says my system is not SSE2 compliant, so it wont install, I am not having a lot of luck with this am I ?

Could one of you nice gentleman let me have your email address via Pm and I will send this file to you so you can back save this to 2008 version please ?

If the objects are from a newer version of AutoCAD, the only way to eliminate them is to open the file in that version, either with the original application or in the correct version of AutoCAD with the correct enablers and to then use the save as AutoCAD tool. That will explode the objects to primitive entities. True View does not allow enablers, so saving back with it will loose the objects and their graphics.

If the file has proxy graphics drawn in it, True View can save it back and it will explode the proxy graphics or allow them to be exploded once the file is opened in AutoCAD.

Also, it is possible for someone to open an older file with newer enablers and if they save the file, the objects are updated. When that occurs, the same process is required.

PM sent. I don't know what SSE2 compliant is but I seem to remember having trouble installing DTV on my 64 bit machine because of something to do with the .net framework.

Edited by RobDraw

Why didn't you load ALL the Object Enablers?

I didnt think they would work on autocad 2008, as the other enablers were not for it am I wrong ?

Well thanks to RobDraw who has saved it back to 2007 for me, it still opens with ""Custom Objects created by ObjectARX application" pop up

But the "This application has detected a mixed version if AEC objects participating in this operation, newer AEC objects will be disallowed from participating in this operation" has gone and it works fine.

So unless someone knows a cure for "Custom Objects created by ObjectARX application" pop up, I can live with it as it only happens once when opening the drawing.

Thanks again Rob m8