Paper Space Question

cyclops1961

Hi,

I am new to autocad, and just want to know what the dotted line in the paperspace window represents, and if I can move it, adjust it, hide it or delete it? Also, does it show up if I print the sheet?

I have pasted a title block from another drawing onto it, and it doesn't quite fit.

Thanks,

Cyclops

The "dashed" line represents the limits to which AutoCAD will print. Anything on or over the line will not be printed.

I would think one would like to have a "visual" for what those limits are. It doesn't really affect anything having it there does it?

To disable the display of the printable area go to Options > Display tab. Look in the lower left hand corner where it says Layout Elements. There is a checkbox for "Display Printable Area". Remove the checkmark then click on the OK button.

Wouldn't mind retiring to one right about now. I hate winter.

I'm originally from Boston, via Southern Cal.. been living in Bali for the last 15 years. remind me, I've heard that word before?

Curse you!:ouch::lol:

Bali? You're kidding right?

I'm thinking St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands.8)

Winter. Snow, sleet, freezing rain, white outs, blizzards, chains, snow tires, shovels, sand, plows, ice scrapers, snow brushes, boots, gloves, scarves, ear muffs, down jackets, etc. Any of that ring any bells?

Winter. Snow, sleet, freezing rain, white outs, blizzards, chains, snow tires, shovels, sand, plows, ice scrapers, snow brushes, boots, gloves, scarves, ear muffs, down jackets, etc. Any of that ring any bells?

I have heard of these mythical words you use. I actually have an ice scraper I use for making shaved ice for my beach side drinks. Blizzard, I wish the DQ was closer, Wendy's is close by for a Frosty though.

Not kidding. I was first here is 1977.

Funny you should mention St. Croix. Nice place.

My mother lived there for about 12 years, was the social directress at the Club Commanche. She had the enviable responsibility of showing tourists how to enjoy themselves. She had raised 7 kids in the Boston area, and moved there pretty quick after my father passed away and my younger brother had flown the nest.

She loved it there. Nice people, vibe and weather.

I shoveled enough driveways growing up. I remember getting up at 4:00 a.m. while everybody else was sleeping soundly to go do my paper route in the snow. Been there, done that. Went to UC Berkeley and stayed in California.

Whenever I leave Bali and am in a climate that requires shoes and long pants, it reminds me how much I hate having to wear anything other than flip flops, shorts and a teeshirt. When I get to a cold place, first, it always amazes me that they still exist. Then it amazes me that I have brought insufficient clothing, yet again.