Material libary

SIDRIX

It looks like I dont have any materials in my Autocad. Tools-Palettes-Materials.

Can you please advice me where I could get some basic building material libary (like wood, concrete, ...). For free download I hope!

And when I get to download it, what do I need to do to get them in use?

In which folder I must copy it later?

Thank you!

Quoted from http://www.kxcad.net re: AutoCAD 2008 Materials Library.

"A typical installation installs less than 100 materials on Material tool palettes. An additional 300 or more materials are available by optionally installing the Materials Library. The library can be accessed through the Configuration button on Add/Remove features in the installer. By default, all of the materials tool palettes are installed in the Tool Palettes File Locations path specified on the Files tab of the Options dialog box."

Thank you, I found the mising materials!

And I wanted to ask you! I have a problem. When I make a new viewport then my linetipe scales go crazy and get visualy huge, but in the properties dialog box is written the same linetipe scale number! Its some kind of error!

And then - Im making a 3D table leg from many lines, but then I want to give a colour to all the construction through the material option! I think how to make a solid whole object from theese lines to drag a material on it, like with the standart objects that I make with modeling!!!

Your linetype scale for both model space and paper space should be set to 1.

You can't attach materials to a series of lines to create what appears to be a solid object. You have to be working with a solid or a surface to use materials.

Example. A square that is "extruded" can become a chair leg.

I think you first need to look at some tutorials about working in 3D. You'll find some right here at CADTutor. We can also suggest one or two other websites that have tutorials.

Simple 3D table.jpg

A simple 3D table created with an extruded rectangle (top) and square (leg).

2D geometry can be turned into 3D objects using such commands as Extrude, Sweep and Press/Pull. This table is now ready to have a material attached to it.

FYI:

From Ralph Grabowski's ebook "Render with AutoCAD 2012:

"Materials can be mapped only to 3D solids, 3D surfaces, 3D meshes, faces, regions, and 2D objects with thickness."