Dialog Boxes

Strouse3910

Land Desktop 2009 Civil 3D Companion

When I issue the Wblock Command I can not find the Dialog box to select objects and file location... This happens in the Layer Dialog when I try to change the color of a layer, the Color Dialog box can not be found. When I use the Block command the dialog box pops up, so I can see it.

fildia>1

cmddia>1

attdia>0

It has now affected my Hatch window. I can work around the Layer Color dialog box not showing by typing in the color number, so the d-box is there just can not see it on the screen. For the Hatch d-Box and the wblock d-box I can not hatch anything because I can not see the d-box.

Could this be a video card memory or a bad video card? My computer tech has been here several times and has not said anything about the video card having any problems.

I am using dual monitors.

There is nothing in the command line.

I have cleared the #2 Screen in case something would come up there, but no show. I have minimized the autocad session to see if the d-box was popping up behind anything on screen #1 and nothing yet.

Does everything work if someone else logs in on the computer? Does it work if you log on as an administrator?

Are all updates and hotfixes installed? 2009 had a lot of bugs.

You might try a repair.

Go to Options > Profiles Tab. Export your current one to a folder you'll remember, and then copy it to your USB drive.

In your WORKSPACE drop down menu, save your current profile to a unique name... see attached picture.

Go to C: > Program Files > Autodesk > Autocad 20xx > Support. Copy that whole folder to a USB Drive.

Go to C: > Documents and settings > > Application Data > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > R18.2 > enu > support. Copy that hold folder to a USB drive (remembering that you'll have to give them two different names and them change them back later, or you'll overwrite whichever one you put in there first.)

Then redo all this after you reinstall. In reverse order, of course.

Look at me.JPG

So, I had my Widows profile fixed over the weekend. I just set up my customized toolbars to the original again and guess what, my Dialog box for the Layer Color select and my wblock Dialog box has disappeared again.

There has to be something in the CUI file that has switched on me.

I have a Custom Grading menu with 3D polyline commands and some surface and slope inquiry, Custom Dimension, Layers, Dim and Standard toolbars. Any Ideas?????????????

I had my Widows Profile reset over the weekend. I started autocad and could see the Layer Properties Color and Wblock Dialog box. then I created my customized Toolbars and the Dialog Boxes have disappeared again.

There must be a switch in the CUI File that I have set again to not show the Dialog Box?

Have you customized your acaddoc.lsp or acad.lsp?

Start with the default profile and slowly set up your customization 1 at a time and see if you can isolate the problem.

Have you customized your acaddoc.lsp or acad.lsp?

Start with the default profile and slowly set up your customization 1 at a time and see if you can isolate the problem.

Agreed... The problem(s) is/are in your customization(s):

So, I had my Widows profile fixed over the weekend. I just set up my customized toolbars to the original again and guess what, my Dialog box for the Layer Color select and my wblock Dialog box has disappeared again.

There has to be something in the CUI file that has switched on me.

I have a Custom Grading menu with 3D polyline commands and some surface and slope inquiry, Custom Dimension, Layers, Dim and Standard toolbars. Any Ideas?????????????

I had my Widows Profile reset over the weekend. I started autocad and could see the Layer Properties Color and Wblock Dialog box. then I created my customized Toolbars and the Dialog Boxes have disappeared again.

There must be a switch in the CUI File that I have set again to not show the Dialog Box?

I set the profile to another profile and the dialog box is there.

I had the customized toolbars for atleast the last three years and now the just go crazy on me!

I set the profile to another profile and the dialog box is there.

I had the customized toolbars for atleast the last three years and now the just go crazy on me!

I understand the frustration... Unfortunately, you're going to need to test each component of your customized setup.

You can start by testing strictly the items that have any custom code, macros, etc. Another good place to start is your acad.pgp presuming that you've added some preferred command alias settings (look at the very bottom)... Just guessing.

Also, know that it's possible your profile has become corrupt in some way, and may need to be setup anew.

Good luck!