How to create a three side based pyramid as a solid?

canarinho

Hey there,

i want to create a pyramid with a base of three sides with different lenght. In the end i want to have a solid where i can drag and move the notes to change the hight,lenght and the angle of the sides.

I already managed to draw it in 3d but now i want to convert the drawing into a solid and keep it flexible to change the parameters by draging the notes.

I also tried to extrude a triangle with a specific angle but then i was only able to move the top note up and down changes the hight. Doing it this way the top note also kept beeing in the center-point of the triangle.

Do you know how to do this?

Please help!

Thank you in advance,

canarinho

I believe that you will want to make a dynamic block. You will need to define a number of different dynamic parameters to cover all of your node options. There is probably an easier way to do it, but I don't know what that would be. Likely involve lisp.

Loft base to point.

I don't have much occasion to use loft when I'm modeling, but that to point option is pretty sweet. But I think the OP is hoping to have stretchable vertex grips?

I don't have much occasion to use loft when I'm modeling, but that to point option is pretty sweet. But I think the OP is hoping to have stretchable vertex grips?

That is what he should be getting with Loft to a Point. Dynamic blocks do not work in 3D.

The "loft to point" funktion worked pretty well!

Now i can move the notes around like i want to.

Problem solved!

Thank you all for the quick response!