cadd project

midnightb3ast

ok so we got this cadd project in school and i have no idea how to do it

basically you have to draw all the parts on autocad

then put them all together to create an item

i really need help with this project ill upload picture of it when i get the chance

If you are truly clueless, and not just hoping to find somebody else to do it for you, then you would do well to visit the Tutorials forum on this site. Click the link at the top left tab.

Ok i scanned the project,

basically i have to draw this quick-acting hold-down clamp

&&

the parts, now i dont understand how to draw the parts do i draw the front view or the side view none of this was explained....

they said "detailed drawing" idk what that means...

here is the project

http://i44.tinypic.com/es6elc.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2585am9.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/11a8qb6.jpg

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

One problem is to get the assembly Hinge-B, I subtracted the shaft from it. But I couldn’t. Also I would like to know how to get correct shape when I subtract the treads on the cylindrical or spherical objects. See the attachment. Some dimensions are wrong.( Shaft Dia .25 or Hinge A Dia .2343 centered on feature). I draw with simple V-type thread.

HDC.dwg

Z GUY that looks great. You have done all of the hardest stuff already. The easiest way to tap out the nut is to make a copy of it with the threaded bolt in the correct position, and use the subtract command, read the commandline prompts carefully, you will choose the item from which you want the item subtracted first, should be a slam dunk, as far as you have gotten already. You might want to do it in 2D wireframe though, as it will probably make your computer happy. That will yield you a nice looking, but incorrectly threaded part, as it will be an exact fit, with no tolerance. You could scale up your thread by a very small, and appropriate increment before you subtract it, so that you get some relief in the thread. Make an extra copy or two of the bits as you play around with them, or else turn on your solid history. I am a total tool junky and have bought and used many lock down clamps for assembly jigs for woodworking and in a lighting and furniture factory which I used to run, bought them from the J&L Industrial website. They really enhance accuracy and speed things up. What a great tool resource.

I just subtracted it no problem, in 2D wireframe, first try. You're home free at this point.

I just revisited your drawing, and if you change the visual style to 3D Hidden, it appears that you already were successful in tapping the internal thread with your Subtract command. The Realistic visual style in the drawing is not optimized to display it, although it could be tweaked. Threads also show up just fine in 2D Wireframe.

Edited by Dadgad