How to disable Autodesk Online Services?

ripuz

Hello everyone!

I wounder how i can disable the support stuff at the top of the window in AutoCad 2012 (R18.2).

(I marked it with red.)

screenshot.jpg

Thanks in advance!

/ Thomas

Edited by ripuz

That is referred to as the "InfoCenter". To disable it read this....

http://otb.manusoft.com/2011/03/autocad-2012-infocenter.htm

InfoCenter

InfoCenter provides a convenient way to search for topics in the Help system, sign in to Autodesk ID, open Autodesk Exchange, and display the options in the Help menu. It can also display product announcements, updates, and notifications.

Edited by ReMark

Hello everyone!

I wounder how i can disable the support stuff at the top of the window in AutoCad 2012 (R18.2).

(I marked it with red.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31786[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance!

/ Thomas

Most of the control options you are looking for are here. Pop up tray notifications are controlled from the lower right hand corner of your screen.

online access controls.jpg

tray setting lower right hand corner.JPG

How do you specifically kill the InfoCenter using the above?

Very slowly! No, you are correct, I was not aware of the yousoft.com solution, which looks to be the correct answer..........SUUURRRVEY SEZ that's the #1 answer. I clicked the link to check it out, and downloaded it, unfortunately there was an issue installing, so I will try again when I am less busy. Wasn't aware this was an option. Thanks for the info.

AutoCAD usually has more than one way of doing things. I thought perhaps you had discovered another way of disabling InfoCenter. That's why I asked.

That is referred to as the "InfoCenter". To disable it read this....

http://otb.manusoft.com/2011/03/autocad-2012-infocenter.htm

InfoCenter

InfoCenter provides a convenient way to search for topics in the Help system, sign in to Autodesk ID, open Autodesk Exchange, and display the options in the Help menu. It can also display product announcements, updates, and notifications.

Thank you ReMark, the AcadInfoCenterOff.msi worked for me!

AutoCAD usually has more than one way of doing things. I thought perhaps you had discovered another way of disabling InfoCenter. That's why I asked.

You are certainly right about there being a zillion different ways to get from point A to B. I just turn off all of the internet feed popups in the tray and disable the web enablers and automatic web search stuff in that area of the system options. Sounds like actually removing the info center is the better way to go though. I am all in favor of faster boots and less crashes. Hell the deck is already stacked enough against me on this machine, as it is a 32 bit system running Vista, but I favor this 21.5 inch screen over the smaller one on my much faster Windows 7 machine. This is the about the worlds biggest laptop, lots of real estate, but not a lot of fun to carry around. The power supply alone weighs about as much as my new Dell.

Hey Remark, thanks for that. I just tried to install it again, and it worked. Very nice to have cleared out all that free toolbar real estate up there. I am a very happy camper.