Tapatalk

dirkvandonkelaar

Last night i installed an amazing program for my android device, its called tapatalk.

With this program, you can view forums and reply to threads.

So i was looking around in it and couldn't find this forum in the app.

Tapatalk is available for:

- iPhone

- iPad

- Android

- BlackBerry

- Chrome

Tapatalk supports the following forum systems:

- vBulletin

- IPBoard

- SMF

- XenForo

- MyBB

- Kunema

- phpBB

I don't know which system this forum uses, but i think it's listed.

Maybe it is an idea to add this forum to Tapatalk, because i think there are many mobile users who will like this on their phone.

Here is their website:

http://www.tapatalk.com/

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Roy

• dirkvandonkelaar

• CADTutor

• SLW210

I also use this app (Android) and think it is great. I've added it to a couple of forums myself and it is as simple as adding one line of code to the style header and ftping a folder to the server. I agree it would be good if we could get it working here.

So, it is possible if the site owner will cooperate with the idea.

Can't see any reason for not wanting too. God forbid it should be any more successful, eh?

I have thought about bringing Tapatalk up for a while, glad someone did :)

Let's hope David agrees with us that it would be a good idea to add the forum to Tapatalk - and that it's not too much hassle!

• 2 weeks later...

I use Tapatalk a lot on both my phones (iPhone 3gs, Android 2.3.4) and my Kindle Fire (Dual-boot: Gingerbread CM7 or Amazon OS w/ Honeycomb GUI). It makes browsing forums waaay easier!

From what I understand, it is very easy to implement. On another vbulletin forum (where I'm a Moderator) I asked the Admin once; next day he announced in the header that we were Tapatalk Enabled. My PM's had a new message that said, "Sure!" LOL

What is the difference in using Tapatalk and just going to the forum through the web browser?

Does Tapatalk cost?

It costs $2 or something like that (one off purchase only) from the app store/android market. It simply makes navigation (reading/replying) of forums with it enabled much easier than using a conventional mobile phone browser.

Tapatalk costs the user, not the forum. You can get it free from getjar.com, though. I recommend getting it from the Android Market as they also have the Xparent skins. If your device doesn't have Android Market, send it to me and I'll root it on.

Mobile phone browser has all the ads and stuff, the layout isn't very friendly to mobile devices with all the info and stuff. Tapatalk makes it insanely easy to maneuver the forums, read latest, reply, post pictures...things I can't otherwise do from my phone on some forums.

Well if CADTutor gets it I will check it out.

Lee Roy, when I get a reported post in an email on my iPhone, I click the link and it goes to the forum through the web browser. Will I be able to set that up to go straight to the Tapatalk? Or will I need to go to the forum first?

Anybody got links to check out this Tapatalk?

I'm not an iPhone guy, I'm an Android follower.

That being said, from all my uses of it, I can set "Notifications" so that it notifies me of replies to participated threads. However, I always have this turned off; too many threads would keep me waaay too busy. There is also a "Participated" tab, that allows you to look at only threads you've participated in, and you can have it sorted (by default) to have the latest at the top.

There are a LOT of settings in Tapatalk, including geo-location. I would say it's hands-down worth the $2. Get it, explore, enjoy. I've never heard one user complain about it.

Well if CADTutor gets it I will check it out.

Lee Roy, when I get a reported post in an email on my iPhone, I click the link and it goes to the forum through the web browser. Will I be able to set that up to go straight to the Tapatalk? Or will I need to go to the forum first?

Anybody got links to check out this Tapatalk?

your post got me thinking ... I know, I know ..... what happens if someone reports your post? do you get the report, and if so do you have to go all fight club on yourself?

I just fully comprehended what SLW was asking.

I don't know. I'll dig through my settings and see what I can find in relation to the moderation. I'll probably make a thread and report myself to myself and see what happens.

-Edit-

I got no notifications when reporting myself to myself. I need to smack my wrist, now.

Clicking on the link in my email on my Android phone, I couldn't point it to Tapatalk; it used the browser.

No worries, I will just go to the Forum and not worry with any email links.