Relating to...more mature...AutoCAD releases.

ChattMan

So I'm the unofficial Cad Manager for a small group of architects and drafters. Sadly, some of the architects are still using 2005 while I'm on 2008 and others are on 2010. Are there general rules of thumb for ensuring that we can all keep talking to one another?

Specifically, we're try to decide if we should use annotative styles. I'm afraid we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot if we do, and find out later that there is no smooth transformation to and from the guy with 2005.

More generally, is there a list of Cad functionality by year, so I can make these kinds of decisions keeping everyone from 2005-2010 on the same page?

Thanks in advance.

Sadly, when in such a situation, base everything on the guy with the lowest version. You don't want to attempt to work alongside someone that can't even edit/create the same entities you're creating.

So true. Not to be dense here, but does 2005 have annotative functionality? My research on the subject was inconclusive, and the guy that uses it is out of the office or I'd just ask him.

Thanks again.

Perfect. :glare: But that answers my question. Thanks a bunch, alanjt.

Still wondering if there is a table of cad functionality by year, for similar decisions. So if anybody spots one, I'd be grateful. Ciao.

Perfect. :glare: But that answers my question. Thanks a bunch, alanjt.

Still wondering if there is a table of cad functionality by year, for similar decisions. So if anybody spots one, I'd be grateful. Ciao.

Will do.

Best of luck.

Yeah...what Alan said.

Many of the newer features don't save down very well. For instance, if you use Multileaders in your 2010 seats and then try to save them down to 2004, you'll get leaders with no text. Set up all your templates using the oldest version you have. Textstyles, dimstyles, all that and avoid using any feature in the newer versions that the older ones don't have.