Linking table data to objects

vanslayer

Hello

I have a table in excel and I'd like to have text in cells link to nodes on a map.

i.e. I have the traffic volume of a road section in a table. I'd like to show that volume on a map beside a circle where the count was taken. I'd like to be able to update the table value and have it also update on ythe map.

Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

DATALINK is the command you'll want to go with initially, although that will only get the Excel file into CAD. As far as the linking, you might be in need of a customized program for that.

Use the command TABLE:

Then use the area highlighted and encompassed in red in the image below. This method works perfectly. I have not had any issues with it at all. If you currently have the drawing open and the changes made in your Excel file do not update dynamically then you will have to do a datalink refresh which is located in the lower right of your AutoCad interface.

Capture.JPG

Use the command TABLE:

Then use the area highlighted and encompassed in red in the image below. This method works perfectly. I have not had any issues with it at all. If you currently have the drawing open and the changes made in your Excel file do not update dynamically then you will have to do a datalink refresh which is located in the lower right of your AutoCad interface.

Unless the OP hasn't updated his profile since he/she posted their first post it shows as using 2005 version, which doesn't have the "Table" tools they are out of luck unless they learn the map data links and DBconnect.

Hello All

Thanks for replying. I have changed my profile to 3d 2010.

I managed to get the excel table linked to a table in CAD (thanks). How do I then link those values in the tables to a circle or marker on a map? I'd like to place a marker on street on a map and have it show the volume from the table. I'd also like the map volume to change with the table.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays

Thanks,

OK so you want to select a point/marker and have it display the record from your table. Then when you edit the table in Excell your dwg updates as well. Then you need to use the MAP3D datasource tools that's are part of Civil3D. The "table" object are lacking in this. Doest your table have any coordinate (X,Y,Z) data in it? What OS and 32/64 bit and what version of Excel (Ms Office). Any chance you can convert the spreadsheet into a Database format? Take a look at the MAPATTACHDB command and the tutorials on database connections.

Dink, I got two skiboats (inboards) that need working on, one needs new head caskets the other has a drive line issue. Good thing its too cold to go water sking for the next few months.

Looks like i need to start taking the laptop into the shop to get back to blogging on lunch breaks. 8)