HELP - Modelling a Pushchair in SolidWorks

Raz

Hi CADTutor. I am new to this forum. I need some help on a project i'm currently trying to do and I have no idea where to begin. I am hoping some kind soul out there will show me the way..

I am fairly new to Solidworks but not a complete newbie. The main commands I know is the Extrude, Cut, Shell and other features. The bits I struggle on is the Sweeps, Reference gemometry, mates, and other stuff..

THe project i am working on is trying to make a pushchair/baby stroller in Solidworks.

I have images of what I want to model, have the main measurements i need, i just to make it in Solidworks, Assemble and then test using the Simulation software... But i have no clue where to begin :( Someone please help!

Images of the stroller push chair i want to model are at the end of the thread post.

A breakdown of what I want to do:

1) I want to make the frame of the stroller + the wheels. With this assembled, I will be able to do an initial Displacement Test and check my Factor of Safety.

2) I want to make the seat and the Sunhood of the stroller. This will be added to the main assembly.

3) I want to make my Stroller have the ability fold, and the seat to be reclined backwards as shown in two of the images.

Stroller's website: http://philandteds.com/products/push/smart

By the way, I don't want to make the model using surfaces etc. THe main tool i need to make the frame and stuff is the Sweep.

I am using Solidworks 2011 version.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate any help that can be offered,

Raz.

Images of the Pushchair I want model:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pUw8FCLgav8/TR-t_-BjG1I/AAAAAAAAASA/riX1YaBq_30/s1600/phil%2526teds2.jpg

13351.jpg

smart-verso-reclined.jpg

Phil_%26_Teds_Smart_Fold.jpg

phil-amp-teds-smart-buggy-gallery-4.jpg

philted.jpg

• 2 weeks later...