Select All Objects on a Certain Layer

resullins

Currently, when I'm converting architectural drawings into backgrounds for my use, one of the first things I do is select certain objects based on their layer and delete them en mass.

I'm using the QSelect dialog box at the moment, but that's a real pain in the butt. I would try writing a LISP or something, but I don't know of a command line version of the QS command to make it work.

Is there a way that I can select one object, and make it select all the other objects in the drawing that are on the same layer? The QS command is handy, but very tedious.

@ReMark: Yes, I swear I already looked for existing threads, but didn't see any. So forgive me if you've already answered this.

Forgive my ignorance... this is a new command for me.

I'm using the command, it asks me to select something on the source layer. Not really sure what it's wanting, but I pick something.

Then it asks me to select an object of the type I want. I select an object.

It says they are now the active selection set. But nothing is happening. The cursor goes back to regular crosshairs, the command like says COMMAND, I got nothing.

Any pointers?

Have you tried SSX?

Type it at the command line. Go ahead. Try it. Its fun. Hit enter twice, once for the command and the second for the options.

Oh yeah and don't forget to use 'previous' after your command has been invoked. The previous also works w/ GETSEL.

Forgive my ignorance... this is a new command for me.

I'm using the command, it asks me to select something on the source layer. Not really sure what it's wanting, but I pick something.

Then it asks me to select an object of the type I want. I select an object.

It says they are now the active selection set. But nothing is happening. The cursor goes back to regular crosshairs, the command like says COMMAND, I got nothing.

Any pointers?

GETSEL? I've never heard about this one, but I like it, and I try to stay informed about express tools. Once the objects are in the selection set, enter your command in the commandline, ERASE (?)>enter>P (for previous selection set)>enter and you are done.