conceptual view trouble

cad student

I am a student and in my school i am enrolled in an introductory autocad class. During one of my projects i made a castle. My problem is in conceptual view, there appears to be 3d wireframe and conceptual view are overlapped. This also causes me to not be able to render my project with the assigned materials. I do not know what version of autocad is being used. How do i fix this so i can render the castle and also fix it if the need arises in the future?

without seeing the actual file, it's hard to say for sure but it sounds to me like you were in a shaded mode with edges turned on. If you can post the file or even a screen shot of it, that would help.

I agree with Jack's assessment, sounds like a VISUAL STYLES MANAGER issue, perhaps your display edges needs to be reset to none, in the CONCEPTUAL visual style. Reset the edge display to none, then clcik on the other yellow highlighted button, to apply the new style to your drawing.

visual style manager setting..jpg

• 4 weeks later...

cad problem.png

Ok so here I am working on another project. The flight deck (green) had a section subtracted from it so the runways (magenta strips) would not be a mix of green and magenta. As you can see in the file, the conceptual view has the edges that should not be visible in it again. I have a mac at home so it took a little while to learn a p.c. key board and how to take a screen shot. But now I have a file to show my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well, again, if you can either post the actual drawing file, or if it's too big put it on a service like Dropbox (or similar site that won't spam anybody) it would be a lot easier to figure out what's wrong.

[ATTACH]32446[/ATTACH]

Ok so here I am working on another project. The flight deck (green) had a section subtracted from it so the runways (magenta strips) would not be a mix of green and magenta. As you can see in the file, the conceptual view has the edges that should not be visible in it again. I have a mac at home so it took a little while to learn a p.c. key board and how to take a screen shot. But now I have a file to show my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

How does it look in REALISTIC visual style?

Don't be afraid to experiment in your visual style manager. Try making a change, then apply the new style to current viewport. Take a look? Is it better or worse? You can always change it back if it is worse. There are a bunch of different settings. Try isolines none, try isolines 1, 2 ,3. If you have your face style set to none, then you cannot set your edge style to none. I shouldn't think it would take you more than about 10 minutes to cycle through any conceivably helpful changes. By the time you finish you will understand a great deal more about the possibilities of the visual style manager. I am quite fond of the XRAY visual style, as appropriate at times when in a busy assembly it might be difficult to get a good unobstructed representative view.

Do you understand why they are, or did you mean to make your runways a different color? I am assuming that was intentional and that you do understand.