How to interpolation the level?

maheshchand

I have a data of survey done by the total station. what I have done is, I have taken different ground level randomly on the field now I want to plot this data (ground level) on 5x5 m grid .Problem is that I have plotted 5x5m grid but I am not able to get the ground level on exact point on this 5x5 m grid .So would u please help me out how to proceed with this.For your reference I am herewith providing u with original data.

PLEASE HELP ME PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

sample.dwg

Are you only using plain AutoCad?

If you have AutoCad Civil 3D or any other civil design/survey package do the following:

To start with, create a digital terrain model (DTM) (also called a 'surface') using the spot heights you surveyed (make sure you have these set to be contourable) and then (after checking that the mesh is accurate, i.e. add breaklines if necessary) generate the contours. If you have a civil design package I'll explain it further later.

i am using autocad 2008

Then you are going to have a lot of hard work. As I see it, you have several choices:-

1 Use a different programme like Civil 3D , which would give you the desired result in 5 minutes.

2 Draw up your known 3D surface lines to intersect with your 5m grid.

3 Set out the 5m grid on the ground, and survey the desired points.

There are probably more options, but if this kind of work is to be ongoing, then get a more suitable Cad package.

I took a look at your file.

Who done the survey (I am assuming you didn't as total stations aren't the easiest thing to operate and if you know how to use them then you'd know what to do with the data afterwards)? I'd be asking the surveyor to provide you with a 3d mesh surface and contours for the survey. You could try to create this yourself (by downloading the trial version of AutoCad Civil 3D) although without having the knowledge of the person who done the survey it is hard to know where to place break/feature lines etc to accurately represent the as built data.