Get loose objects from PDF xref?

JSnoek

Hi,

I dont have a lot of hope for this one but why not give it a chance here.

I have a scanned drawing (PDF) and I want to use it a a xref so i can redraw it (originals have gotten lost :cry:). But is really big and makes autocad really slow.

Is there a way to make a scanned drawing in PDF have loose object / lines again?

Thanks!

There is probably some conversion software out there that might do the job for you but I wouldn't count on that solving your problem as everything (including the text) would be broken down into small line/arc segments.

I guess you are stuck then.

What is the size of the file you are dealing with?

What are your system specs?

You've made a classic mistake by trying to utilize a PDF as they were never meant to be a conduit between two different drawing programs.

The pdf is about 1.6 mb, A0 size. Im working on a dual core @2.66 Ghz, 2gb ram, Geforce GT8800.. not the ideal picture i guess.

Here is an screenshot of the quality of the PDF. I guess its not a wonder that it wont be made into an DWG, looking at the quality.

PDF.jpg

pencil.png