Block Attributes, Creating Attributes

I am not sure to post this here or in the beginners section, but I am not really a beginner.

I know how to create a block and all that is fine, but I was wondering if someone could help me with kind of a detailed simple lesson on how to create a Attribute. ( I guess thats what they are called). For instance, drawing a floorplan with differrent room names and etc, I know there is a way to make a circle or polygon, or square and then when it is inserted in the drawing, you just have to type the new name of the room, or the window symbol, or door number and etc.

If anyone could help me with this with an easy step by step kind of thing would be greatly appreciated

By the way, I am using a student version of AutoCAD 2010.

Also, if you could also add the keyboard shortcut alias's too would help a great deal. Thank You

Thank yall and HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.

Find and open the acad.pgp file and you'll see what command aliases AutoCAD uses as standard. This file can be revised and/or added to as well.

Re: Attributes.

Check out this thread. Pay particular attention to posts 12, 18, 22 and 23. If you have further questions then come back here and post them.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?24585-What-is-Attributes/page2