CUI question

addesigns

I am running autocad 2010. My coworker has pulldown menus and a template that we are trying to get onto my computer. Only problem is alot of the commands are blocks that get pulled in. We have tried to save the profile he uses as an .arg; we have tried to save his opening drawing as a template on the server, but when i open that template there is no change. Mot sure what to do or how to do it. All I really need is his created pulldown menus onto my computer. Any help is greately appreciated.

The menu options are stored in the Workspace, which can be comprised of Menus (among other things) from one or more CUI(x) files.

From your coworkers computer, within the CUI Editor, determine if the menus are all in one CUI(x) file or not, and identify the file path for the CUI(x) file, or use the transfer tab to create a new CUI(x) file and save as desired (to network, to thumb drive, etc.).

We tried to save his current workspace as a new cui onto the server. when I tried to load that cui there is still no change

From the CUI Editor...

In the upper left pane, select 'All Customization Files' from the drop down menu, then select your coworker's current workspace options in the Main CUI (the one at the top).

In the upper right pane hit the 'Customize Workspace' button.

Back in the upper left pane expand the 'Menus' nodes under the Main CUI, any Partial Customization Files, and any Enterprise CUI.

The Menus included will show a 'check' next to it if included within your coworker's workspace.

I guess I am a little lost. I understand what you are telling me, but it is not helping. It is my understanding that if I save his current workspace which has his pulldown menus that I need to the server, I should be able to go to the server with autocad on my PC and load his CUI file into my cui editor. If I set that current, then everthing should follow and I should have the pulldown menu? Is this inacurrate?

It depends... If you've successfully saved the coworker's CUI to the network, then simply open the CUI Editor, go to Transfer Tab and open the coworker CUI in the right pane, and Drag & Drop their workspace into your Main CUI on the left pane... this will bring over all menus. Then set the newly copied workspace current. That should be all that is needed to load the desired workspace on your machine.

I guess I am a little lost. I understand what you are telling me, but it is not helping. It is my understanding that if I save his current workspace which has his pulldown menus that I need to the server, I should be able to go to the server with autocad on my PC and load his CUI file into my cui editor. If I set that current, then everthing should follow and I should have the pulldown menu? Is this inacurrate?

It sounds to me that your either in need of a professional CAD tech or a couple of night classes, this level of custimzation needs to be done by someone who knows how.

have you checked to see if its under a specific profile that the user has set up?

I created a new CUI file so i could get the pulldown menus from a co workers computer. Everything went smoothly except for when I try and use one of the commands from the pulldown, it tells me "Cannot find file in search path" and it is referring to the drawing. What is going on and is it an esay quick fix? Please help.

Everything went smoothly except for when I try and use one of the commands from the pulldown, it tells me "Cannot find file in search path" and it is referring to the drawing. What is going on and is it an esay quick fix? Please help.

You need to examine the macro for that particular menu option within the CUI Editor to determine what is needed. It sounds to me like the menu macro is attempting to load a file that is not found in your Support File Search Path (SFSP).

You guys could really use some CAD Standards then, ehh? I'm happy to help... for a fee. Just saying. 8)