could someone please conver a .dwg file to .iges for me?

shawnsack

There appear to be places in your drawing where there are gaps between portions of the geometry and other places where the geometry overlaps itself. I think that before you even consider converting the drawing you fix everything that JDM mentioned and what I just pointed out as well.

GIRDLE 12V errors.dwg

I took the opportunity to put revclouds (Layer: Inconsistencies, Color: red) around just some of the problem areas I found in your drawing. Poor geometry in your drawing will only cause problems further down the line.

DWG file saved in 2007 file format.

3D Girdle 12V.PNG

An example of a portion of your object created as a 3D solid.

I think this is more like what you were trying to achieve with your drawing, right?

How much drafting experience do you have?

How much AutoCAD experience do you have?

How long have you been working in 3D?

i dunno thats just the best way i thought to do it... im still trying to figure out the best way to do things

If you fix it up I would be happy to convert to IGES for you, but the GIGO principle applies (Garbage In = Garbage Out), so it would be best to spend some time learning osnaps, pe j, extrude, subtract or presspull.

There are a bunch of 3D tutorials in my signature - but they assume basic 2D knowledge of osnaps.

well this is what i started out with and then i was just trying to make it 3d and thought i had to do that by extruding it. ReMark, thats pretty much exactly like what i was looking to do with it. i dont have much experience with this stuff, im definitely a beginner.

GIRDLE 12V .DXF

GIRDLE 12V problems.dwg

I see a lot of problems that need to be addressed in the attached drawing file.

And what's up with the geometry that falls outside of the main body of work? They appear to be really, really small diameter circles.

DWG file saved in 2007 file format.

Note: Lines that are extruded will become surfaces. Circles (unless you purposely put a gap in them, which, BTW, you did in at least one) when extruded become solids.

oh ok, i see those problems. I guess i just wasnt paying enough attention to detail. and i dont know where all them little tiny circles came from. thanks for showing that to me

Yeah well it those kinds of details that can come back and bite you big time down the road. The CNC guy is not going to be happy if you hand him something he can't work with.