Corrupted R12 Personalization Disk.

Davor

Hello!

(First post - here goes...)

I am a legal r12 user. Have S/N, books, install disks, could probably come up with the cancelled check from purchasing circa 1996.

The computer crashed, no problem, just reinstall... uh oh..

The error message states something like: "unable to locate personalization disk in drive A:" (yep, 3.5 floppy.)

The nice folks at Autodesk tell me that the "media" is no longer available, and suggest that I find a personalization disk from someone else as it does not contain any information that ties it my installation cd's.

To restate - I have the original Personalization Disk, but it won't read on 2 different computers with known good floppy drives.

Any ideas anyone?

You are about 2 month too late for me to help you out with that Davor. I recently disposed of a full set of R12 windows disks, along with that monstrosity known commonly as R13. I have no idea if the disks still worked, because even though I have 4 working computers here, none of them have a 3 1/2" floppy drive!

Maybe somebody will show up that can help. Sorry.

What exactly do you mean by personalization disk? Are you refering to Setup.exe which allows you to insert your name, company name, etc..? Also, are you talking about R12 for Windows or R12 for DOS?

I have R12 and R13 on disc. I can copy the files to my hard drive, ZIP it up, load it on my server and send you a link (serial and all). PM me your email.

*EDIT* You have one post so you won't be able to PM me. Just post your email and delete it when I have it.

Hi folks! Thanks for the replies.

Jack: Darnit - so close!

Tazin:I am trying to reinstall R12C3 for DOS. When I use INSTALL.EXE from the CDROM, the first thing it asks for is the "PERSONALIZATION DISK or INSTALLATION DISK" (Caps theirs) to be put in drive A: (3.5 in floppy). My Personalization Disk w/serial number etc as it came from Autocad is apparently corrupted and cannot be read from the floppy drive (known good drive - reads other disks just fine.)

StykFace: Willing to try - but - I have the original CDROMS, and I also have a backup copy of R12 on a dos zip drive. Unfortunately, when I try to run it (ACAD.EXE) it says: ""BASE.dcf" Can't open file" and "Error loading dialogue control file" it also can't find the autocad display driver. I figure that these things must be tied to getting the installation right using the personalization disk.

I have called my original reseller, but it looks like they quit selling Autocad some time ago...

Edited by Davor

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old post, but it may be wise to delete your email now.

Spam I believe uses legit email links to, well, spam you.

I appreciate this is nearly two years old, but still...

• 3 weeks later...